YouTube’s addition of picture-in-picture (PiP) support to iPhone and iPad versions of its app has been a farce from minute one but things took a whole new turn over the last few days.
First, YouTube stopped its previous feature experiment that allowed users to enable it on a per-account basis. Then, the YouTube Twitter account said that the feature would be available to everyone “in the coming days.”
Except, it won’t. Because YouTube seems to have absolutely no idea when it will be bringing PiP support to iPhones and iPads.
We know that because the company has since tweeted to clarify its position — when it said PiP support is coming, it actually meant for YouTube TV. Not YouTube itself. Which is just beyond laughable at this point.
What all of this means is that we currently have no idea what YouTube is doing. For now, PiP support is only available “to Premium members on Android phones” and that’s it. If or when that will change is anyone’s guess, least of all YouTube’s.
Just to clarify – what's currently being rolled out is the YouTube TV picture-in-picture for iOS 15+ devices. If you're referring to the one for the YouTube app, it's only available to Premium members on Android mobile phones. https://t.co/wB9vUWtm3U
— TeamYouTube (@TeamYouTube) April 11, 2022
The ability to watch content using PiP is a big deal because it allows people to watch content while doing something else, like working on emails for example. It’s a fairly simple feature that countless other apps offer. Why YouTube is incapable of it isn’t clear, although it seems likely it’s related to ads, because, Google.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.4 Final Released
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.