If you want to use popular messaging service WhatsApp on your iPad or Mac you have to resort to using the web interface or the watered down Mac app. That might change if a reliable leaker is correct in saying that both iPad and Mac apps are being worked on.
Using the web interface is less than ideal, not least because there is a single device limit.
That means that if you switch from one web browser to another, or switch devices, you have to re-connect and authenticate all over again.
But that nightmare might be coming to a close with WABetainfo saying that WhatsApp is getting ready to launch new native iPad and Mac apps after years of users calling for exactly that to happen.
WhatsApp is developing a new system to allow to use the same WhatsApp account on more devices, at the same time!
Using the new multi platform system, it means you will be able to use:
- Your main WhatsApp account on iPad (when the app will be available) without uninstalling it from your iPhone.
- The same WhatsApp account on iOS and Android devices.
- WhatsApp on your computer (without the necessity for an Internet connection on your phone) using the UWP app (this is one of the reasons why started to develop it).
Hard details about the apps aren’t easy to come by, and handling the end-to-end encryption that WhatsApp is known for, and its users demand, will be a big test for the app’s makers. Just the fact that this is all in the works is excellent news, however.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]