Hyper Light Drifter might not be a game everyone is familiar with, but you will be soon. The popular PC and console game from 2016 is now available for both iPhone and iPad after an iOS port was released to the App Store.
The people behind the game say that they have worked to make it “more touchable and even more portable” which is always something that is needed when a game makes the jump to portables.
That’s doubly the case when a touch interface is the main way of interacting with the game on iPhones and iPads, although support for MFi controllers has also been announced.
That, in turn, means that when iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 launch later this year Xbox and PS4 controllers will also work just fine, too.
For those who still do not know it, Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D action role-playing game fashioned after The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, rendered in a pixelated style comparable to Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. The player controls the Drifter, a character that has access to technology that has long been forgotten by the inhabitants of the game’s world and is suffering from an unspecified illness.
The game is available from the App Store right now and costs just $4.99 It’s well worth the outlay and while there’s no news of an Apple TV version as yet, playing with a controller on an iPad still sounds like a very good way to spend a few hours to us. If that’s not all, if you have an iPad Pro, expect to see an incredible 120fps performance.
(Download: Hyper Light Drifter for iPhone and iPad from the App Store)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.