There have already been rumors that Apple plans to launch new, larger 6.3-inch and 6.9-inch displays with the iPhone 16 lineup but it wasn’t clear which models would benefit from them. Now, it looks like you’ll need to splash out on Apple’s best iPhones to get them.
That’s according to a MacRumors report that cites display analyst Ross Young as having shared the news.
Young was the one that had previously said that there were new display sizes coming with the iPhone 16 lineup, but he has not confirmed to MacRumors that the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will be the only models to benefit from the increased size.
That means that the iPhone 16 will remain at 6.1 inches while the iPhone 16 Plus will sit at 6.7 inches.
As for the exact specifications for the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max’s displays, we’ll need to wait a little while. Young says that the 6.3 and 6.9-inch figures are rounded up and that he won’t be confirming the actual size until his appearance at the Display Week conference in Los Angeles on May 23.
Not that the time will be an issue — the iPhone 16 lineup isn’t expected to be announced until September 2024 with the iPhone 15 lineup still to be announced later this year. Those phones are all expected to use the same display sizes as the iPhone 14 lineup, although the Pro models are expected to have significantly small bezels.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.