As part of its WWDC 2020 online keynote, Apple has announced watchOS 7; the next major update for the Apple Watch. Here are all of the details and everything that you need to know about the announcement.
Apple Watch is a hugely popular part of Apple’s hardware lineup and is growing in terms of popularity and sales year-on-year. The popularity is largely down to the premium nature of the hardware and the fact that Apple Watch Series 5 took things to the next level in that respect.
With that said, the underlying operating system, watchOS, has been showing huge improvements with each release and Apple will be hoping that watchOS 7 will take the Apple Watch platform to the next level.
Watch Faces complete with complications can now be shared with others through messages or Mail, or the App Store. Not just that, social media channels and website links are now also supported for this purpose.
There are 2 new watch faces as well in watchOS 7; Chronograph Pro and X-Large. A third Photos face lets you add color filters to your favorite photo.
Developers now have the ability to offer more than one complication per app on a single watch face. For example, on one watch face, Glow Baby can display multiple complications that help new parents track bottle-feeding, breastfeeding, pumping statistics, and nap times, while Dawn Patrol can show surfers tide, wind speed, and water temperature from a favorite surf spot.
Sleep tracking is finally available on the Apple Watch! It tooks its time, but its here now. This is an automatic feature of course, with the Apple Watch generating a chart, showing you your weekly sleep trend.
Working with Wind Down, you can create a customizable bed time routine. “In Sleep Mode, Apple Watch turns on Do Not Disturb and automatically darkens the screen overnight. To help users wake up, Apple Watch offers a silent haptic alarm or gentle sounds, while the wake-up screen shows the current battery level. “
Automatic Handwashing Detection
Given the current pandemic and the importance of keeping your hands washed and clean, this is a welcome feature indeed. The watch will start a 20 second countdown, and if you finish washing your hands early, it’ll prompt you to continue. More so, the Watch will also know when you’ve returned home and remind you to wash your hands.
All recorded data will be saved in the Health app.
Activities and Workouts
You now have 4 new additional workouts: Core Training, Dance, Functional Strength Training, and Cooldown.
The Activity app has also received a redesign, with Apple now calling it Fitness. The app now “provides a streamlined view of data including daily Activity, Workouts, Awards, and Activity Trends on one tab, and Activity Sharing and Activity Competitions on another.”
Part of the Health app, this new feature intelligently studies your headphones-using pattern and kicks in by adjusting the playback volume for you. How does it work?
When total listening with headphones has reached 100 percent of the safe weekly listening amount, Apple Watch provides a notification to the wearer. This amount is based on World Health Organization recommendations that, for instance, a person can be exposed to 80 decibels for about 40 hours per week without an impact to hearing abilities.1 Customers can also see how long they have been exposed to high decibel levels each week in the Health app on iPhone and can control the maximum level for headphone volume.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Hidden Features On iPhone And iPad That You Don’t Know About [List]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 2 Of iPadOS 13.6 Released
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak