The Google TV App Comes To iPhone And iPad For The First Time
Google has today brought the Google TV app to iPhone and iPad for the first time, replacing the previous Play Movies and TV app.
Anyone who had that app installed will see an update waiting that will rebrand the experience to something more fitting.
The new update and rebrand mean that users can now select a streaming service to browse movies and TV shows, bringing multiple services into one place. People who also own a Google TV or other Android TV OS device will also now be able to use the Google TV app as a remote, meaning they can do everything right from their iPhone or iPad.
With this version you’ll find features to help you discover what to watch from across your favorite streaming apps:
• Select your streaming services to browse movies and shows from across your apps all in one place.
• Discover new favorites to watch with recommendations based on what you love.
• Watch trailers of new movies
• Start watching movies and shows from your services.
• Access movies and shows that you’ve purchased in your Library, and download them for offline viewing.
The new update is a free one, as you might expect, and can be downloaded from the App Store now. It’s a worthy update and one that you should definitely take for a spin if you’re someone who lives in that Google TV world.