Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 13 lineup at some point next month and as exciting as that is, there might be some bad news coming alongside it.
According to a new report, Apple is set to increase the price of the iPhone 13 lineup as it tries to recoup increasing costs. Those costs are related to chip production fees from supplier TSMC.
According to a DigiTimes report, TSMC plans to increase the amount of money it charges companies to produce their chips. TSMC is the company that builds Apple’s A-series and M-series chips, and others. An increase of up to 20% is being suggested from TSMC’s end, although only for its “advanced and mature process technologies.” If it happens, the new prices are expected to kick in this coming January.
TSMC has reportedly notified customers of price increases by as much as 20% for its advanced and mature process technologies, with the new prices set to be effective starting January 2022. The price adjustments will also be for the orders scheduled to be fulfilled starting December.
For TSMC’s advanced sub-7nm process technologies, quotes will rise by 3-10%, the sources indicated. Apple, the biggest client of TSMC with its orders accounting for over 20% of the foundry’s total wafer revenue, will experience a 3-5% price hike, the sources said.
Apple is now said to be considering passing on some of these costs, making iPhone 13 models more costly than the iPhone 12 lineup. It isn’t yet clear how much more the devices could cost, but it’s bad news regardless.
Apple is likely to set higher prices for its upcoming iPhone and other series, according to market sources. Multiple notebook brand vendors, which have raised their prices by 5-10% so far this year, continue to explore ways to mitigate the impact of rising costs on their profitability.
With Apple set to announce new iPhones as soon as September 14 — according to some guesswork — we should only have to wait a couple more weeks before we get to find out how much the new hotness will cost.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 7 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.