Apple’s iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro both ship with a new Ceramic Shield glass for their screen. Apple says that the new screens are up to four times more durable in terms of fall damage.
It doesn’t, however, claim that the new screens are any less likely to scratch. But just how do they hold up? YouTuber, Zack “JerryRigEverything” Nelson set out to get the answers.
Taking a Pacific Blue iPhone 12 Pro, Nelson ran through a suite of Mohs scratch tests to see how the new handset held up to the punishment. You can watch the full video to see how things went down but the gist is pretty simple – scratches started to appear when using the tool rated at level six. Things started to get pretty bad at level seven.
It’s important to remember that Apple doesn’t claim that the new screens are any more resistant to scratches than older models, however. It’s also worth noting that a similar test carried out by MobileReviewsEh on YouTube, found that scratches only started to appear at level seven. It seems that scientific tests aren’t always that scientific.
What we do know is a simple fact – anyone wanting to make sure that their iPhone’s screen stays in tip top condition should probably invest in a screen protector. There are tons of them on the market and you don’t need to spend big to get a good one.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.