Apple has released two of four iPhone 12 models this month, the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro. Over the weekend, we were able to get our hands-on with the latest iPhone 12 Pro in the new Pacific Blue color option.
There are some obvious differences with the iPhone 12 Pro compared to last year’s iPhone 11 Pro. One difference that you will notice is the new flat edge design which is available on all new iPhone 12 models.
This brings a bit of nostalgia as it reminds me of the iPhone 5 flat edge design. You still get the same Super Retina XDR display as on the iPhone 11 Pro but in a new larger 6.1-inch size. Previous generations such as the iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone 11 Pro have all had a 5.8-inch screen size, but this year we have a larger display that matches the display size of the iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12. I can see this screen size being the sweet spot for many as it isn’t too large, nor too small.
Aside from the new design and upgraded display size, we also have 5G support. This is subjective as 5G is not available in all areas and you may not be in a location that either has those true 5G speeds or 5G at all. If you are a fan of wireless charging, the new iPhone 12 Pro also has MagSafe that will charge your device wirelessly up to 15W with Apple’s new MagSafe charger.
I personally found the use of the new MagSafe charger pretty effortless as it quickly attaches itself to the back of the phone using the magnets built into your iPhone 12 Pro, so you won’t have a hard time finding that sweet spot to charge the phone.
The cameras also got a few upgrades on the iPhone 12 Pro – majorly the new LiDAR sensor – and we ran a few tests comparing it to the iPhone 11 Pro Max since it shares the same camera as the iPhone 11 Pro. You can see all these new features in our full hands-on with the iPhone 12 Pro!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.