Rumors of Apple’s plans to launch its first over-ear headphones have been swirling for a long time, but so far we haven’t seen any images of them or had any indication as to when we can expect them to be made available.
That changed today, with 9to5Mac getting hold of a build of iOS 14 and then finding icons for the unannounced headphones.
We don’t know what they’ll be called, but the Apple headphones look similar to just about every other pair of wireless headphones. We’ve seen black and white icons so it’s possible they will be available in both colors. Or it’s possible that more colors will also ship. At this point it’s impossible to know.
While we don’t know what features we can expect, we can make some calculated guesses. Apple isn’t going to announce new headphones that don’t have feature parity with AirPods, with AirPods Pro more likely to be the earbuds that the features are lifted from. That means active noise cancellation should be expected, as should all of the benefits we’ve come to expect from Apple’s H1 chip.
That means almost instant pairing with Apple devices as well as easy device switching as well. Apple says the H1 chip allows for better connections with less latency, too.
Given the fact these images have been found in an early build of iOS 14, it’s likely Apple intends to ship them before the update is available to the public. If the company follows its usual release pattern that should be in or around September. So, hopefully, we won’t have to wait much longer before these headphones are available to us all.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak