Today has been a big day for the Apple rumor mill with multiple bits of information appearing in relation to new iPad Pros, AirTags, and iPhones. All are expected to be announced before the end of 2020.
Starting out with the 2020 iPhones, a new report by Japanese site Macotakara has Apple adding support for 802.11ay. The technology is still being ratified, but once it has been, it seems perfectly suited to short-range transmissions such as AirDrop. The technology uses the 60GHz spectrum, with Macotakara saying it will be used for “ultra-short range” transmissions. That most definitely sounds like AirDrop to us.
While the final spec for 802.11ay is still being finalized, it’s expected to be ready by the end of the year, just in time for new iPhones in September.
Next up, we have what appear to be photos of a case designed for the new 2020 iPad Pro. Shared by Ben Geskin, the case has a space for a square camera bump, just as has been rumored recently. The case looks like a large iPhone 11 Pro Max case, which makes tons of sense.
We’ve been hearing tons of reports that we can expect the device to be announced as soon as next month, although other reports have suggested the second half of 2020. As with most things, we’ll just have to wait and see.
2020 iPad Pro case pic.twitter.com/KblaE2M6Kt
— Ben Geskin (@BenGeskin) February 24, 2020
Finally, we have AirTags. Apple’s Tile-like trackers have been appearing in iOS betas since the middle of last year, so we expected them to be announced in September alongside the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. That never happened, and now we’ve heard from Macotakara that we can expect them to be completely waterproof. They’ll also charge wirelessly using some form of magnetic charger, just like the Apple Watch.
AirTags are now likely to be announced this coming September, alongside the 2020 iPhones.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4 / iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.