Apple might be set to add a new guided audio walking workout to its collection of existing workouts. That’s if a mention of the workout spotted in iOS 14.4 is any indication.
First spotted by Twitter user Khaos Tian and then further investigate and corroborated by 9to5Mac, a new toggle in the Watch app on iOS 14.4 enables a new Time to Walk workout, something we haven’t seen before.
However, enabling the feature doesn’t appear to do anything right now. We’ve tested this ourselves and have yet to see anything happen.
AS 9to5Mac points out however, it’s possible that the new feature will be built on the existing Time to Stand functionality that reminds people to get on their feet regularly.
The “Time to Walk” branding aligns the feature with the classic “Time to Stand” reminders, which encourage users to stand up and walk around a little once an hour. So perhaps when this feature is rolled out, there will be targets to go for a walk once per day.
Standalone Fitness+ support coming soon? (On iOS 14.4 beta, not actually working right now) pic.twitter.com/lz9ZK603SZ
— Khaos Tian (@KhaosT) January 5, 2021
Apple released the iOS 14.4 beta to developers and those on the public beta program before Christmas and we’d expect a new beta to arrive no earlier than next week. It’s possible we’ll see this feature expanded upon in a new update – or it could move to become part of Apple Fitness+. Currently, Fitness+ is the only place guided workouts live, although that may change here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.