Apple is reportedly working on new security measures that could help its retail stores deal with the number of smash-and-grab thefts that they have to deal with. The measures are outlined in a new patent that shows how iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches could be secured to prevent them from being stolen.
First discovered by Patently Apple, the systems have been filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and would involve retainer body and display stems being attached to the infamous large wooden tables found in Apple Stores.
Embodiments include a product retainer and a display stem that, together, may present a displayed product to a customer. The retainer may, for example, include a bracket that wraps around opposing sides of a displayed product in order to secure the bracket to the displayed product.
The retainer may further include a retainer body that may be coupled to the bracket. The retainer may have a smooth, clean appearance without any fasteners of the retainer being visibly or physically obtrusive to the customer.
It’s also mentioned that magnets could be used to ensure that devices rotate in a specified way to make sure they are always facing in the right direction.
Notably, it seems that some Apple Stores are already making use of similar security systems, including those designed to keep the aforementioned iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches safe.
No cable clutter, no holes in the table, no obsolete displays, no mess. For resellers, this means less special training to reset a store overnight on very tight deadlines. 6/8 pic.twitter.com/0tKLgqWITY
— Michael Steeber (@MichaelSteeber) September 27, 2021
Apple has long had to deal with a large number of thefts of products because of the way it makes them so easily accessible in stores. These mechanisms should help to cut down on the number of thefts, even if it doesn’t eliminate them.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.2 — Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.