Apple’s brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max has been named as the smartphone with the best display, replacing last year’s iPhone 13 Pro Max at the top of the pile.
The device was rated by DisplayMate for its annual Display Technology Shoot-Out, with the device getting the “DisplayMate Best Smartphone Display Award.”
Bagging an A+ Display Performance grade, the display is ultimately very similar to the one that was in the iPhone 13 Pro Max that has now been replaced at the top of the pile.
Both feature 120Hz dynamic refresh rates, although the new model can range from 1Hz to 120Hz, whereas the previous one could only go down to 10Hz with the same upper limit. That new low refresh is used by the iPhone’s new Always-On Display, with the Dynamic Island housing the Face ID and front-facing camera components.
In its testing, DisplayMate was able to get the iPhone 14 Pro Max to a peak brightness of 2300 nits, a number that beats Apple’s expected 2000 nit rating. It’s also a number that is more than double that offered by Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro Max.
The iPhone 14 Pro Max is Apple’s current best iPhone and will remain that way for another year, at which point it seems likely that we should expect the iPhone 15 Pro Max — rumored to be called iPhone 15 Ultra — to take the crown.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 3 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.