Want to jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 on your iPhone or iPad but wondering whether the latest and greatest version of iOS, which is v16, good to go? Here’s the latest status update on what you need to know regarding iOS 16.0.2 jailbreak before you update!
Apple has now made iOS 16.0.2 available to the public just ten days after it made the initial iOS 16 update available.
It’s an update that you might be looking to install or, just as likely, you’re trying to figure out if you should downgrade to it in the future. As ever, the news is both good and bad depending on which iPhone you’re using.
There’s currently no iOS 16 jailbreak available to download and install which means you won’t be able to install third-party tweaks and whatnot, at least not if you’re using a modern iPhone like the brand new iPhone 14.
That could change in the future, but right now it isn’t something that we expect to happen any time soon although you can never be sure, so fingers crossed.
However, if you’re using an iPhone X or older device like iPhone 8, you’re good to go. That’s because those specific devices have been jailbroken at the bootrom level and Apple can’t patch that, no matter how hard it tries. You’ll be able to jailbreak forever, so long as there’s a tool to do it.
You might need to wait a little while an update to your favorite jailbreaking tool is cooked and release to public, but you should always be good to go eventually whenever that update is available to download.
We will of course keep you updated as and when we learn of any ETA on a iOS 16.0.2 jailbreak release. Stay tuned.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.