Apple isn’t likely to announce iOS 14 until WWDC in June, but we’ve been hearing all kinds of things about it for the last couple of weeks.
9to5Mac has been able to get hold of some early iOS 14 code, and there have been all kinds of secrets spilled. Including the news that iCloud Keychain might be getting beefed up.
According to the report we can expect iCloud Keychain to get some new, advanced features that are currently only available via third-party apps like 1Password, Dashlane, and others.
The first of those is a warning when someone uses the same password at more two or more sites, services, or apps. Reusing passwords is a very bad idea no matter how you slice it, and iCloud Keychain currently doesn’t warn people. Once iOS 14 lands, it might.
The second feature is support for the generation of two-factor authentication codes as an alternative to the abysmal SMS alternative. Getting two-factor codes via SMS is notoriously insecure, so getting the functionality elsewhere is advised. Some third-party password managers offer this already, and its arrival in iOS 14’s iCloud Keychain could be a big deal.
It is, of course, important to remember that a lot can change between now and iOS 14 being released. Even if this feature makes the WWDC announcement there’s still a chance it could get cut before launch. After all, we only just got iCloud Drive folder sharing after it should have been ready with iOS 13 in September 2019.
(Source: 9to5Mac, Top image: iOS 14 concept renders)
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.