Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman took time out to answer questions posed via Periscope earlier with Apple’s list of upcoming releases high on the agenda.
Gurman tends to have at least semi-reliable sources either inside Apple or its partners, so these are well worth paying attention to. There were plenty of questions, with the iPhone 12 dominating.
Apple is expected to launch multiple new iPhone 12 models this year, with Gurman saying that he expects LiDAR scanners to come to the Pro models. That’s something we’ve been expecting, too, ever since Apple added it to the iPad Pro.
Interestingly Gurman also notes that he wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a 120Hz Pro Motion display coming to some iPhones, too. Android phone makers have been racing to ever higher refresh rates so Apple may need to do this to keep up.
On the neverending rumors of a new move to ARM-based Macs, Gurman said that we should “stay tuned,” which has us particularly excited to see if anything comes up during June’s WWDC.
There were some other important takeaways from the stream as well, as noted by MacRumors:
Apple plans a “substantial” iMac refresh this year, with a possible redesign in the offing. Gurman says rumors of a 23-inch iMac sound about right.
Upcoming 14-inch MacBook Pro will mirror design changes seen in Apple’s 16-inch MacBook Pro, such as increased screen size and scissor-switch keys.
16-inch MacBook Pro refresh expected around October-November.
Apple still working on a viable AirPower device.
Apple Watch Series 6 coming later this year to support sleep tracking.
AirTags expected later this year to be pitched as a premium product and may come in a leather case.
Modular high-end over-ear Apple headphones still expected this fall.
Apple’s vehicle development division still focused on self-driving technology.
Under-screen fingerprint technology not coming to iPhone this year.
Gurman doesn’t think rumors about Xcode for iOS are true. (The source of the rumor, leaker Jon Prosser, has since reiterated his confidence in the claim.)
You can see a recording of the Perisope event for all the details, although we’ve covered the most interesting parts. Much of the rest relates to things we’ve already covered.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak