Fortnite Battle Royale has arrived on mobile devices for the first time, with both iPad and iPhone versions of the popular game now available for download, although there are caveats.
For starters, you will need to sign up for early access to the game no matter which platform you choose, and if you are lucky enough to be chosen, only then will you receive an invitation as well as additional access codes that can be distributed to friends and family who also want to try the game out.
While the battle royale genre of multiplayer game is nothing new, Fortnite has taken it to new heights that even the likes of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds were previously unable to reach. Before its mobile release, Fortnite Battle Royale was reaching around 3.4 million concurrent players at its peak.
Perhaps the main reason for Fortnite Battle Royale’s popularity is the fact that it is free to play, even on gaming consoles and PC. This same model carries over to the mobile versions of the game too, and that is not the only place that the mobile games have parity with their bigger cousins. The game itself is exactly the same, complete with 100-player battles and cross-platform multiplayer with the PS4 and PC.
While the early access codes are now being made available for the iOS version, Epic Games has not yet said when Fortnite Battle Royale will go on official release for everyone, including the Android version.
With iOS users getting early beta access as of today, it is of course only a matter of time before Android gamers get to join in the fun – although as we say, Epic Games is staying pretty quiet on when exactly that might be. This is the only thing they have officially said about the Android release:
We expect to rollout Android in the next few months. If you are on an Android device, please sign up by clicking the button above. We’ll notify you when your Android device is supported.
If you do decide to get in on the early beta action then you will need to have an iPhone 6s, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2 or later running iOS 11 in order to get into the game. Simply head over to Fortnite’s website here to get started, but be advised, that the website is expectedly experiencing a high volume of traffic, and is currently in maintenance mode.
You may also like to check out:
- Want PUBG Mobile China Version With English Translation? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released, Here Are The Details
- iOS 11.3 Beta 5 Release Notes, Changes, Features: Everything New In One Place
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6: Last Chance To FutureRestore iOS 11.1.2 Before iOS 11.3 Final Release
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]