Fortnite developer Epic Games is suing one of its testers for leaking information about Chapter 2. In its lawsuit, the studio accuses tester Ronald Sykes of violating a non-disclosure agreement, adding that this “spoiled” the eventual unveiling of Chapter 2 for its player-base, with the reboot coming after months of hints and an unprecedented event that saw the game shutter its doors for two days.
Sykes tested the new season’s redesigned map in September. Talking to a Twitter user shortly thereafter, the tester wrote that he could offer details about changes in the new season. Sykes later tweeted out an image of the new map along with other secrets, at one point using another account to reveal that the new map would allow players to swim, alleges the lawsuit. Two of the three Twitter accounts mentioned in the lawsuit have since been deleted.
The studio had been alluding to new beginnings for months, both in-game and over social media, leading up to the release of Chapter 2. The leaks, according to Epic’s lawyers, came “at the expense of Epic and those in the Fortnite community who were anxiously awaiting the new season of Fortnite only to have some of Epic’s planned surprises spoiled by Sykes’ leaks.”
The lawsuit goes on to claim that Epic continues to suffer losses as a result of these leaks.
As a direct result of Sykes’ breach of his contractual obligations under his NDA, Epic has sustained and will continue to sustain damages in an amount to be determined.
The company launched a similar lawsuit against a QA tester in 2018 for leaking Season 3 secrets, though the defendant claimed the information was leaked by an unnamed third party without their consent.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 To iOS 13.1.2, Here’s How
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Pixel 4 Face Unlock Works Even With Eyes Closed, Google Confirms