It turns out the release date rumors were right on the money because the heavily leaked Fortnite Chapter 2 launched earlier today amid hype that nearly overwhelmed social media over the weekend. After the Season 10 finale saw the game’s original setting get sucked into a cosmic void, Season 1 of the new chapter brought with it a completely redesigned map, all-new game mechanics, and of course, a fresh Battle Pass packed with over a 100 rewards.
The official Fortnite Twitter account announced the release, encouraging players to share their maiden experiences. What followed was a flood of wins being shared under the suggested #FirstDrop hashtag. Almost every other tweet showed off a Victory Royale, that too with a high kill-count. Players were quick to realize something was amiss given how easy it all felt. As it turns out, the game may be pairing players with bots for their first matches, likely to help them familiarize themselves with the new map.
Launching the game after the update puts you right into your first Chapter 2 match – a tutorial of sorts, it seems – with in-game tips covering new features and changes. The bots in this match don’t pose much of a threat, it seems – they barely build and have a penchant for shooting the air around you.
Unless you dilly-dally outside of the playable zone too long, you shouldn’t have much trouble scoring an easy win. The win will count toward your progression, unlocking a new victory umbrella exclusive to Chapter 2, among other things.
After you’re done bathing in the relatively dull glow of a win against bots, you may queue for a match against other players from the lobby as before. Just keep in mind that they may not be as clueless as the AI dummies.
— Agent 4 (@Pixel_Blade) October 15, 2019
— ?Drakestone24?? (@drakestone24) October 15, 2019
— Zindentri (@zindentri) October 15, 2019
The Fortnite Chapter 2 map features a mix of old and new locations, and for the first time, speed boats. New mechanics include swimming, fishing, hiding in hay stacks and dumpsters to ambush enemies, the ability to carry downed players, and much more. Watch the launch trailer below for the lowdown.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 To iOS 13.1.2, Here’s How
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.2 Beta 2 Released
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]