Apple has officially killed off the iPod touch, the last iPod the company made. Apple first introduced the iPod brand more than 20 years ago, long before the iPhone ever existed. Now, it’s dead.
Apple made the announcement via a strange press release that never actually said that the product had been discontinued.
It did, however, say that the iPod touch will only be available “while supplies last,” suggesting anyone who wants to get one for nostalgia’s sake should probably place an order now, before it’s too late.
Since its introduction over 20 years ago, iPod has captivated users all over the world who love the ability to take their music with them on the go. Today, the experience of taking one’s music library out into the world has been integrated across Apple’s product line — from iPhone and Apple Watch to iPad and Mac — along with access to more than 90 million songs and over 30,000 playlists available via Apple Music.
Apple’s press release goes on to suggest that anyone who now wants to listen to music should do so by buying a new iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. The HomePod mini is another option, although none of these devices are quite like an iPod touch — especially at its previous price point. Few people will buy an iPhone 13 Pro Max to replace their iPod touch, for example.
Whether we will see the return of some sort of product carrying the iPod brand in the future is unclear, but it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that Apple could re-use the name later. The MacBook name has been used multiple times, as has MagSafe, for example.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.