You can now download iOS 16.1 RC and iPadOS 16.1 RC OTA profile file and IPSW links. Here are the details.
Apple has today released the final beta version of iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1, with developers as well as those who are on the public beta program now able to test them out ahead of their release to the public.
Apple has also confirmed that iPadOS 16 will ship to the public on October 24, making no mention of iPadOS 16.1. The iOS 16 update was made available to the world last month, however.
In terms of what users can look forward to with iOS 16.1, there’s plenty. Live Activities is supported for the first time, while Apple is also adding support for clean energy charging — a feature that will allow iPhones to only charge when cleaner energy is being used by local power stations.
Other improvements include a resigned battery indicator and percentage indicator for those devices that didn’t previously support it.
Developers can now download the iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 betas onto devices that have the required beta profiles installed, while a public beta release is expected to arrive within days assuming no showstopping bugs are found between now and then.
The release of iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 will bring to an end a lengthy beta program that began back in June with the WWDC event that saw Apple’s updates announced. We’re still waiting for official confirmation of when macOS Ventura will arrive at the time of writing, but it’s expected to be on October 24 alongside iPadOS 16.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 / iPadOS 16.1 RC OTA Profile Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.