Here are iOS 16.1 final release notes for iPhone and they come straight from Apple. Here are the details.
As you may already know by now, Apple announced a ton of new hardware via its News website, including redesigned 10.9-inch entry-level iPad, the M2-powered iPad Pro and even new Apple TV 4K model with A15 chip, along with first-party official accessories as well for all these aforementioned products.
In its press releases, Apple also confirmed that new software versions, including iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1, tvOS 16.1, HomePod OS 16.1 and even macOS Ventura, will all be available to download for public consumption on October 24.
Ahead of that public release, Apple has today released final RC version of iOS 16.1 to developers. Alongside that release, Apple has also published iOS 16.1 final version release notes which all consumers will get as part of the new update on October 24th.
Here are official release notes coming straight from Apple:
iOS 16.1 Release Notes
This update introduces iCloud Shared Photo Library making it easy to keep your family photos up to date. This release also adds support for third party apps in Live Activities, support for Apple Fitness+ on iPhone even if you don’t have an Apple Watch, and includes other features and bug fixes for your iPhone.
iCloud Shared Photo Library
– Separate library for seamlessly sharing photos and videos with up to five other people
– Setup rules allow you to easily contribute past photos based on start date or people in the photos when you set up or join a library
– Library filters for quickly switching between viewing the Shared Library, your Personal Library, or both libraries together
– Shared edits and permissions let everyone add, edit, favorite, caption, and delete photos
– Sharing toggle in Camera lets you choose to send photos you take straight to the Shared Library, or enable a setting to share automatically when other participants are detected nearby using Bluetooth
– Live Activities from third party apps are available in the Dynamic Island and on the Lock Screen for iPhone 14 Pro models
– Apple Fitness+ is supported on iPhone even if you don’t have an Apple Watch
– Key sharing enables you to securely share car, hotel room, and other keys in Wallet using messaging apps such as Messages and WhatsApp
– Savings account enables Apple Card customers to grow their Daily Cash by depositing it in a high yield savings account
– Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard, is supported enabling a wide variety of smart home accessories to work together across ecosystems
Clean Energy Charging
– New setting that can try to reduce your carbon footprint by selectively charging when lower carbon emission electricity is available
– Reader controls are automatically hidden as you start reading
This update also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
– Deleted conversations may appear in the conversations list in Messages
– Dynamic Island content is not available when using Reachability
– CarPlay may fail to connect when using a VPN app
We will of course be back with full coverage of the new software release come October 24 release time. Stay tuned for more.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 / iPadOS 16.1 RC OTA Profile Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.