Apple’s iOS 15.4 added support for a new Tap to Pay feature that will allow retailers to use iPhones to accept payments.
That feature requires payment partners, one of which will be Stripe when the service goes live. Now, Adyen has confirmed that it too will support the same Tap to Pay feature, too.
Adyen says that it is working with enterprise customers and commerce platforms to run a pilot program including Lightspeed Commerce and NewStore.
“Lightspeed is known for providing the latest technology to our merchants so they have the most impactful tools to run their business. Partnering with Adyen to provide Tap to Pay on iPhone is a huge win for our U.S. customers,” said Jona Georgiou, GM, Payments and Financial Services at Lightspeed. “This feature gives merchants even more checkout options to provide amazing customer experiences.”
Apple’s new Tap to Pay feature will allow people to accept payments using nothing more than an iPhone. Current solutions require an accessory from someone like Square, but this new feature will remove that need.
Tap to Pay on iPhone will be available for payment platforms and app developers to integrate into their iOS apps and offer as a payment option to their business customers. Stripe will be the first payment platform to offer Tap to Pay on iPhone to their business customers, including the Shopify Point of Sale app this spring. Additional payment platforms and apps will follow later this year.
Apple continues its expansion into payment systems and platforms and recently bought a UK company that handles credit checking. It’s thought that could be the precursor to Apple bringing the Apple Card credit card to the UK. The card is currently only available in the United States.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.4 Final Released
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.