Apple is expected to announce three new iPhones next week and now it looks like one of them has popped up on Geekbench.
The iPhone, believed to be the replacement for the iPhone XR, is listed as model iPhone 12,1 and is running iOS 13.1.
As always, there are some interesting tidbits to glean from the results. The first is that the deice appears to have 4GB of RAM which is up on the 3GB used in the iPhone XR. The A13 itself appears to have the same core configuration as the A12, too, with six cores in use. The high-performance cores are rated at 2.66GHz which is up on the A12’s 2.49GHz, too.
All of that means that the new iPhone XR replacement appears to be around 13% faster than the device that came before it in terms of single core results. When multiple cores are tested the results are almost identical to the previous device which may be more a factor of cooling than CPU headroom.
Of course, it’s also possible that these results aren’t real and someone has pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes. But with the new iPhones set to arrive in less than a week we’d expect results like these to start appearing here and there as devices are used behind the scenes.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]