Apple has just released iOS 12.4.1 for all compatible devices. In your excitement, you may have upgraded your iPhone or iPad to that latest release but it means that you have played into Apple’s hands and lost the ability to jailbreak. We’re going to show you how to exploit the very small window of opportunity to get back to iOS 12.4 and jailbreak your device using unc0ver.
Apple made a catastrophic mistake when it released iOS 12.4 towards the end of July 2019. The company managed to regress its own security patches to push out a build of firmware which had a fundamental vulnerability allowing for a public jailbreak to be put in place.
The recent release of iOS 12.4.1 is Apple’s answer to that regression, which, unfortunately for a lot of people, patches the issue and halts jailbreaking on the latest firmware for the time being. Thankfully, iOS 12.4 is still being singled by Apple, which means that there is a small window of opportunity to actually downgrade and re-jailbreak. Let’s check it out.
Step 1: First and foremost, if you are running iOS 12.4.1 – which is the latest Apple release designed to fix the security blunder that the company made with the release of iOS 12.4 – then you will need to downgrade in the first instance. Apple is still signing iOS 12.4, so it is possible to download. Follow this guide right here to downgrade your device from iOS 12.4.1 to the jailbreakable iOS 12.4.
Step 2: Now that you are sitting pretty with a device running iOS 12.4, you will need to go to work and actually jailbreak it. Thankfully, it isn’t a hugely lengthy or complex process. You can head on over to our existing iOS 12.4 jailbreak guide to get your device liberated and get Cydia installed: How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver [Video Tutorial]
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
If you are viewing this on your newly jailbroken iOS device, then you will notice that you have that gorgeous and oh-so-familiar Cydia icon sitting on your Springboard. As long as you have run the jailbreak successfully, then Cydia will launch just like any other applications and give you full access to the world of jailbreaking. But wait, you aren’t finished yet. Now that you are jailbroken, you will want to do the following to make sure you secure your jailbreak:
Step 3: Save SHSH2 blobs for 12.4 for future downgrading. You can do that by heading here: https://tsssaver.1conan.com
Step 4: Head to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates and toggle “Automatic Updates” OFF. This ensures that the iOS system will never automatically upgrade you beyond iOS 12.4
Step 5: Install the Apple TV profile to completely avoid future OTAs from Apple. You can find out how to do that, here: Disable / Block iOS OTA Update On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
And, there you have it! Enjoy.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- Download iOS 13 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13 Beta 8
- iOS 13 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How-To
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]