Apple has won a stay on an injunction that would have required it to make big App Store changes today as a result of the legal battle with Epic Games. For now, Apple can continue to force developers to use its in-app payment system without the ability to use third-party alternatives.
Apple had been ordered to allow developers to give customers an alternative to using the App Store for in-app purchases, with the company given until today to make those changes.
However, a stay means that isn’t needed now — with a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decision meaning Apple won’t need to make changes until its appeals are done and dusted. And that could take years.
Apple has demonstrated, at minimum, that its appeal raises serious questions on the merits of the district court’s determination that Epic Games, Inc. failed to show Apple’s conduct violated any antitrust laws but did show that the same conduct violated California’s Unfair Competition Law. […]
Therefore, we grant Apple’s motion to stay part (i) of paragraph (1) of the permanent injunction. The stay will remain in effect until the mandate issues in this appeal.
This all stems from Apple’s decision to kick Fortnite out of the App Store following Epic’s switch to its own payment system — ditching the App Store’s. That was against App Store rules and the two companies have been arguing about it ever since. Fortnite doesn’t seem likely to come back to the App Store until the legal battle dies down — if ever.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.