Apple is reportedly getting ready to announce new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models before the end of the year.
The current models have been around for a year or so at this point and while a new DigiTimes paywalled report doesn’t specifically mention the 14 and 16-inch models, it seems likely those are the ones that are being referenced — the 13-inch MacBook Pro was only refreshed with a new M2 chip earlier this year.
The DigiTimes report notes that Apple’s portable sales have been stable of late, compared with the Windows PC market, and that new models of the MacBook Pro are slated for a late-2022 release.
The new MacBook Pros are expected to feature M2 variants of the current M1 Pro and M1 Max chips that power the current models. That will mean improved performance, although it isn’t yet clear whether we should expect a change in overall design.
It seems unlikely, especially considering the current model was so well received thanks to the return of ports like HDMI and SD card slots. The MacBook Pro also gained a notch the last time out, with new and improved displays sitting beneath.
Apple is already expected to hold an October event, with new iPads likely to be announced. It’s possible that we will also see Apple announce new MacBook Pro models during he same event, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.