It might be a full three months since Apple announced the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro notebooks with those impressive M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, but you’re still going to struggle to actually buy one.
If you place an order now, you’re likely to be waiting several weeks depending on the configuration you order.
As a MacRumors report notes, ordering some 14-inch MacBook Pro configurations will have you waiting months, rather than weeks — into March for a high-end M1 Pro or M1 Max system, for example. Those also happen to be the machines that professional video and photo editors are likely to be opting for.
In the United States, the baseline 14-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip is estimated to ship in three to four weeks, promising an arrival by at least mid-February. The 14-inch MacBook Pro with the higher-end M1 Pro configuration or the M1 Max chip faces an even longer wait, heading well into at least early March.
Things are just as bad, if not worse, when you upgrade to the 16-inch display model with five and six-week waits the norm. If you order in the wrong country you could be waiting up to two months for your new MacBook Pro to land on your doorstep.
With the larger 16-inch model, the baseline configuration is seeing five to six weeks for estimated delivery, with higher configurations seeing shipping dates estimated to be in late February or early March. In the United Kingdom and Canada, the highest-end 16-inch MacBook Pro shows shipping dates of between five and eight weeks on Apple’s online store at the time of writing.
Apple has been suffering with stock shortages across its entire store over the last year or so, as has a lot of companies. Not being able to buy a new MacBook Pro is nothing new to people who have been trying to buy a PS5 or a brand new car, for example. Worldwide component shortages are causing havoc, and not just with Apple’s products.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.2.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.2.1
- Jailbreak iOS 15.2.1 On iPhone And iPad – Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.