Apple’s iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro both go on sale this coming Friday, October 23 but we’re still learning things about the phones as we get closer to the big day. According to one document it seems that the new iPhones won’t support full-speed 5G when operating in dual-SIM mode.
The document in question appears to be a training document that has been made available to Apple Store employees.
On the subject of 5G working in dual-SIM mode, the document says the following:
“Does 5G work with Dual SIM?”
When using two lines in Dual SIM mode, 5G data isn’t supported on either line and will fall back to 4G LTE. If customers are using eSIM only and are on a 5G-supported carrier and service plan, they’ll have 5G access.
Based on that it would appear that only 4G speeds will be available if either of the lines isn’t 5G-capable.
However, as MacRumors, notes it seems that one Reddit user thinks this will change in the future. They say that a software update, coming later this year, will enable 5G support when dial SIM support is being used.
This is the first time Apple has sold any iPhone with 5G support and it will surely want to make sure that everyone can make the most of it. Especially considering how heavily the company was leaning on the 5G capabilities during the iPhone 12 announcement event last week.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.