According to a source claiming to be “informed,” Cupertino-based Apple Inc. could push out what would essentially be an iPhone SE 2 but choose to call it the iPhone 9. This, according to Japanese publication Mac Otakara.
The interesting take on the potential naming convention sounds like it could actually have some basis in reality. The device that would essentially be an iPhone SE 2 is said to have a similar physical design to Apple’s iPhone 8.
It would include a gorgeous 4.7-inch display, likely to be Liquid Retina, and will have the smaller bezels offering a larger screen-to-body ratio that customers have come to expect from modern devices.
The smartphone would also stick with Apple’s Touch ID sensor over Face ID but would ship with a faster and much-improved A13 Bionic Chip alongside 3GB of RAM. Due to price constraints and wanting to keep the price as low as possible, it’s also highly likely that this device will not support 3D Touch or any similar technologies.
With that specification and design in mind, the hardware feels like a natural successor to Apple’s iPhone 8, meaning that speculation about it being called ‘iPhone 9’ could actually be quite sensible as it feels like the device that should come after the iPhone 8. This change could feel like a kick in the teeth to those consumers who actually prefer the 4.0-inch display of the iPhone SE.
Size and specification aside, the actual cost of the device is what will resonate with consumers the most. With that in mind, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has suggested that the 64GB version of the device will start at $399 and will be available in a few different colors. As for when it will be available? Apple first introduced the original iPhone SE at an event in March of 2016. That means it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if Apple was in the process of putting the finishes touches in place ready to make an ‘iPhone 9’ announcement in March of 2020.
So, what say you? Do you think Apple will forego iPhone SE 2 in favor of the iPhone 9? And, if so, would you be in line to pick one up if it is announced in March 2020?
(Source: MacOtakara [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.2.3 Jailbreak IPA On Mac [0.9.6 beta]
- Download: iOS 13.3 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update File Along With iPadOS 13.3 Beta 4 Out Now
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Fix Cydia Crashing On Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Red iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Yellow iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Purple iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Green iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak