Apple is set to announce and released a second-generation iPhone SE within the first three months of 2020, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. iPhone SE 2 will represent a more affordable Apple smartphone option outside of the flagship range and will feature an array of improvements over the original model.
Apple’s latest flagship lineup has been globally successful and well-received. With that said, it represents an expensive purchase regardless of whether the consumer goes for iPhone 11 or the more powerful iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max.
A second-generation iPhone SE – likely dubbed iPhone SE 2 – will be an extremely attractive option for those who want something a lot more affordable but who still want to be running iOS and have access to everything that the Apple ecosystem offers.
Design and specification wise, the new iPhone SE 2 is said to come packed into an iPhone 8-esque chassis and will offer refreshed internals to bring it into the modern age and give it the ability to compete with devices of similar stature in the market. That will include Apple’s brand new A13 chipset, 3GB of RAM, and, of course, shipping out-of-the-box with iOS 13.x.x installed to provide access to all of the new features included within that platform. If the information is accurate, then iPhone SE 2 will offer a 4.7-inch display and will feature a hardware-based Home button with the underlying Touch ID sensor embedded within.
No price information has been published or even speculated upon, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility to speculate that Apple could offer the new iPhone SE 2 for around the $349-$399 range, which would get consumers a 32GB model. This device would only appeal to the price-conscious individuals out there but also those consumers who aren’t particularly fussed about having access to the latest features and improvements, such as Face ID or an OLED-based display. Those consumers aren’t particularly put-off by price but don’t see the value in paying for technology that they don’t need or won’t use.
iPhone SE 2 would seemingly live in a price range and feature range that would suit and which would allow those consumers to get access to features like Apple Arcade, with Kuo expecting Apple to shift 30-40 million units during 2020.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripods For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Download Kodi 19 IPA / DEB For tvOS 13 Apple TV