You can now download Kodi 19 Matrix IPA and DEB files for your treasured Apple TV running on tvOS 13 final version.
The executables, available in IPA or DEB formats (for those with a jailbroken Apple TV), will allow you to get the latest Kodi 19 Matrix experience on your Apple-branded set-top box without having to wait for the production release.
Currently, the official team behind the Kodi media software experience is offering Kodi v19 – codenamed Matrix – as a nightly build.
This means that the builds are offered as “development” or “pre-release” builds and no guarantees are made about the stability or reliability of the software. In fact, the team itself clearly identifies the builds as being unstable and suggests that the nightlies are purely for people “that do not fear bugs or possibly crashes.”
Other than the v19 Matrix nightly, the currently offered stable production build is sitting at version 18.4 with Kodi Leia. Of course, if you don’t fear the unknown and are perfectly happy to tread where others fear to follow, then good old community has come to the rescue with a user taking the time to compile Kodi 19 Matrix builds specifically for Apple TV hardware. You can grab nightly releases for iOS and macOS via the official Kodi Downloads page but it doesn’t have an installation offered for Apple’s tvOS platform.
Thankfully, where official sources let us down, the community steps up to give us exactly what we need, which is exactly what has happened here with precompiled builds of Kodi 19 Matrix for Apple TV. Because it is a separate version and presumably comes with a different and unique bundle identifier, it’s also possible to have Kodi 19 and Kodi 17.x installed on Apple TV at the same time, which is the perfect solution given just how unstable Kodi 19 has the potential to be. The builds also support Apple TV 4K and tvOS 13.
As for features, Kodi v19 comes with things like an internal web browser, support for Samsung Smart TVs, improved 3D playback, smart home integration with platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and much improved Apple AirPlay support. In an official capacity, it’s expected to launch in the latter part of 2019/early 2020, but you can grab it right now for compatible Apple TV hardware.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 To 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.4.1, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.1 Final To 12.4.1 / 13.0, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad