Apple has confirmed that the new SD card slot that ships as part of its refreshed MacBook Pro lineup will support transfer speeds of up to 312MB/s.
That means that the UHS-II standard is supported — so long as the SD card being used is also UHS-II-compliant.
While some had hoped that the card slot would support speeds of up to 624MB/s thanks to the UHS-III standard, The Verge’s Dan Siefert has confirmed that isn’t the case. However, it’s still better than the standard transfer speeds we could have been stuck with.
Apple has confirmed to us that the SD card slot in the new MacBook Pro 14/16 is UHS-II (over 300Mbps). Not as forward looking as UHS-III (over 600Mbps) would be, but thank god it’s not UHS-I (about 100Mbps).
While we would very much have liked to see transfer speeds be higher, the fact that we have an SD card slot at all is a big benefit that we didn’t have on the last few MacBook Pro refreshes and we’re just glad to see that it’s back.
That, along with the HDMI port and the return of MagSafe makes the new line of MacBook Pros some of the best we’ve seen in a good long while.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.0.2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.0.2 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.0.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.