Adobe may still be toiling in its attempt top bring Photoshop to the iPad but it also has another marquee app in the works, according to Bloomberg. That app is Illustrator and it’s going to arrive once Photoshop has shipped.
The prospect of bringing so-called “real” Photoshop to the iPad is something that we’re still keen to see Adobe realise, but Illustrator is the next big thing, according to the new report.
Citing “people familiar with the matter,” Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman and Nico Grant say that Illustrator will be previewed at the Adobe Max conference in November. The app will subsequently launch in 2020.
The San Jose, California-based company will preview Illustrator for iPad at its Max conference in November before launching it in 2020, according to the people, who weren’t authorized to speak publicly about the decision. Illustrator, which designers rely on for digital drawing and creating graphics, would follow in the footsteps of Photoshop, which is scheduled to be available on the iPad later this year. Illustrator is one of Adobe’s most popular apps in its Creative Cloud software suite and would mirror many of the features from the desktop version when running on the iPad.
Adobe has already launched Fresco and Premiere Rush for iPad but the arrival of Photoshop and Illustrator would be a further indication that the company sees the iPad as a key part of its future.
With the work to bring Photoshop to iPad apparently hitting stumbling blocks – some features won’t be ready on launch day – we wonder how close Illustrator will be to its desktop counterparts.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Final Released For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 13.2 Final Release Notes, Changes, New Features: Everything You Need To Know
- Downgrade iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 To iOS 13.1.3, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.