Here are iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2 release notes, changelog, new features and changes that you need to know about if you are an iPhone or iPad owner.
You may have heard about Apple pushing out a slew of updates following on from the initial iOS 13/iPadOS 13 release. You may have also heard that Apple has, once again, pushed out a new version that is actually classed as a “major” release.
That update is iOS 13.2/iPadOS 13.2 and gives all compatible iPhone and iPad owners an opportunity to update their devices to benefit from new features, new functionality, and, of course, a whole heap of fixes and patches for existing issues.
As expected, and as indicated from the early pre-release seeds, iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2 contain a number of improvements that will be immediately useful and beneficial to device owners. That includes a slew of new emoji characters, a new emoji picker experience, and new privacy options that put the device owner in control of if and how voice data is shared with Apple. Device owners will also have the ability to delete voice data held.
For those with an iPhone 11, Deep Fusion makes an appearance and immediately improves the Camera app and subsequent photographs. Siri is now also capable of announcing new Messages and Apple has also introduced a brand new editing experience on the Home screen for deleting and arranging apps.
As always, the official release notes and Apple-provided changelog are highlighted below. Dive right in and take a good, hard look at everything that is new with iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2, as written by Apple.
iOS 13.2 introduces Deep Fusion, an advanced image processing system that uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture images with dramatically better texture, detail, and reduced noise in lower light, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Additional features include updated and additional emoji, Announce Messages for AirPods, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.
– Deep Fusion for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture multiple images at various exposures, run a pixel-by-pixel analysis, and fuse the highest quality parts of the images together resulting in photos with dramatically better texture, details, and reduced noise, especially for mid to low light scenes
– Ability to change the video resolution directly from the Camera app for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
– Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emojiAirPods support
– Announce Messages with Siri to read your incoming messages aloud to your AirPods
AirPods Pro support
– Home App
– HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
– HomeKit enabled routers put you in control of what your HomeKit accessories communicate with over the internet or in your home
– Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
– Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
– Fixes an issue that may prevent passwords from autofilling in 3rd party apps
– Resolves an issue that may prevent the keyboard from appearing when using Search
– Addresses an issue where swipe to go home might not work on iPhone X and later
– Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
– Addresses an issue where Messages may display a phone number instead of a contact name
– Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
– Fixes an issue that may prevent Markup annotations from being saved
– Resolves an issue where saved notes could temporarily disappear
– Fixes an issue where iCloud Backup might not successfully complete after tapping Backup Now in Settings
– Improves performance when using AssistiveTouch to activate App Switcher
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Final Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 To iOS 13.1.2, Here’s How
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.