Microsoft today at the MIX10 conference has rolled out Release Candidate version of Silverlight 4, along with tons of other tools like Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone, Windows Phone 7 Series add-in to use with Visual Studio 2010 RC, XNA Game Studio 4.0, Windows Phone 7 Series Emulator for application testing, and Expression Blend for Windows Phone Community Technology Preview. It was announced by Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President of the .NET Developer Platform in his keynote today at MIX10, held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the next generation of Windows phones called the Windows Phone 7 Series in his keynote address at the Mobile World Congress 2010 last month. Windows Phone 7 Series refers to the next-generation Windows phones running Windows Phone OS 7.0.
All these tools are now available for download via http://developer.windowsphone.com/, or by navigating to the link here to download the following tools.
(Note: Download links aren’t Live yet)
• Silverlight 4 RC bits
• XNA Game Studio 4.0
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone [link]
• Windows Phone 7 Series Emulator for application testing
• Windows Phone 7 Series add-in to use with Visual Studio 2010 RC
• Expression Blend for Windows Phone Community Technology Preview (available as a separate download)
You may also like to check out:
- Microsoft Demonstrates Single Game On Windows Phone 7, Windows and Xbox 360
- Windows Phone 7 Series Support on Mac. Will Redmond bring Cupertino in the Loop?