Tesla has issued numbers that claim its cars suffer just 10% of battery capacity loss after 200,000 miles. That means that cars that are more than ten years old likely still have around 90% of their battery capacity available to them.
The state of batteries in older electric cars is something that has caused much conversation and is one of the reasons some people are put off EVs.
All batteries degrade the more they are charged and discharged, and the cost of replacing batteries in electric cars is prohibitive — meaning they would likely be scrapped.
However, Tesla’s numbers are promising and are based on its Model S and Model X cars. In fact, Tesla says that its batteries are designed to last longer than the metal that surrounds them.
Tesla’s battery packs are designed to outlast the vehicle. We estimate that a vehicle gets scrapped after approximately 200,000 miles of usage in the U.S. and roughly 150,000 miles in Europe.
While this data is limited to Model S and Model X cars, Tesla says the more recent Model 3 is expected to last around 500,000 miles before the battery needs to be replaced. Future cars are aiming for that number to double, ensuring batteries are good for a million miles.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.100 ISO Beta Update Released
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 5 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.