Samsung has had a big presence at this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, just as it always does. That has given its top brass a reasonably sized soap box on which to stand and make the company’s feelings known.
One of those feelings is that there is no longer a need for Samsung to be the first to offer any new features, with the company instead focusing on refining experiences already in play.
This news comes thanks to Samsung’s head of mobile, DJ Koh, who held a press conference with Korean reporters before the MWC 2018 wrap-up. In that conference, he pointed out that being first is no longer an important factor, with Samsung instead now focused on launching features that it believes its customers will find valuable at the right time.
We were obsessed with being the world’s first and industry’s first, rather than thinking about how this innovation could be meaningful to consumers.
Being the first is no longer important today, and our strategy is to launch something that consumers believe is meaningful and valuable at the right time.
This is particularly interesting given Samsung’s history of trying to being the first to market with devices and features.
The Samsung Galaxy Round is perhaps a prime example of something that didn’t really need to happen and ultimately didn’t make a dent in the market. Features built into more mainstream phones have also fallen by the wayside after Samsung was the first to offer them, like the Galaxy S4’s much maligned feature that allowed users to interact with it by waving fingers at it rather than simply touching it.
Nobody is going to miss the Samsung that crammed a million unwanted features into a device just because it could, and the move does mirror Apple’s newfound need to better refine user experiences and device stability rather than add new bells and whistles with each software update.
(Via: Phone Arena)
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.6 Downgrade: Here’s What Apple’s Closure Of iOS 11.2.5 Signing Window Means For Jailbreakers
- TetherMe iOS 11 IPA For Electra Jailbreak Released, Lets You Enable Free Tethering On iPhone
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Cydia Compatibility List For Electra
- How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra With Cydia [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.