According to a new report coming out of Bloomberg, the Samsung Galaxy Fold won’t be the only foldable phone to be announced by the company.
The report has the South Korean company already working on two more foldable phones, with different methods of opening apparently employed.
Interestingly, at least one of the phones will make use of the same folding mechanism that the Huawei Mate X will use, meaning that it will fold closed with the display on the outside. That’s an approach that many have said appears to be the best option, compared to the way the Galaxy Fold has its display in the inside when closed.
The second of the two phones will use the same kind of folding mechanism as the Galaxy Fold, although in a vertical orientation with a second display bolted on to the outside.
Neither of these two phones are expected to arrive just yet, with a late 2019 or 2020 timescale being discussed. Pricing is also a big unknown, but considering the Galaxy Fold will sell for almost $2,000, we don’t expect either of them to be anything anyone would call inexpensive. However, depending on the timescales involved it’s possible that parts and methods will have become cheaper to the point of reducing the overall cost of the devices.
Foldable phones are clearly going to be something phone makers look to moving forward, and it’s all eyes will be on the big players to see what they can come up with. Now that Samsung has shown the world its cards, we wonder if Apple will be working on its own foldable iPhone, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 Using Luca’s WebKit Exploit May Soon Be Possible
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPad Or iPhone
- Best Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones