The iPhone XI is just weeks away from being announced, but one man reckons he knows exactly when that will be. During an investor event, SoftBank President Ken Miyauchi shared the news, although he managed to do it semi-cryptically.
With Japan having recently revised its Telecommunications Business Law, carriers will be forced to separate data and device plans as of October 1st. This will be the death of the bundling of flagship devices with costly data plans, which is surely a good thing.
iPhone 11 concept by Waqar Khan
But that October 1st date is important because Miyauchi was asked how his company plans to deal with the iPhone XI’s release given the new law change. According to Macotakara, he went on to say:
“Honestly, I am wondering what should I do for 10 days. No, I shouldn’t say that,” Miyauchi said. “Anyway, I don’t know when the new iPhone will be released. However, almost after 10 days, it will be unbundled.”
That would suggest that the iPhone XI will be released on September 20th and if that’s accurate, we’d expect an announcement to come during the week commencing September 9th. Apple usually holds its iPhone announcement events mid-way through the week, so based on that, September 10th or 11th are in play. Apple isn’t likely to use the 11th for obvious reasons, so September 10th looks like the big day.
With that in mind, we’d expect pre-orders to go live the following Friday, which just so happens to be the 13th. Hopefully, there are no nightmares with the pre-order process.
(Source: Macotakara [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 6 / Public Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- iOS 13 Public Beta 4 Download Profile Released To Testers
- Download iOS 13 Beta 5 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 5 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]