You know how they say that you never get something for nothing? Well, that’s not always strictly true and if you’re really lucky – and an Android user – then you might find yourself on the receiving end of a free $2 to $5 credit for the Play Store.
Obviously enough, not everyone is going to receive some free credit, but if you are one of the chosen ones, you won’t know about it unless you go and check the Play Store for yourself. To find out whether today is your lucky day, open the Play Store and scroll down past the first group of app suggestions. If you’re one of the people who has been selected, then you’ll see a new banner telling you that you have been given anything from $3 to $5 credit, absolutely free.
From what we’re hearing, there is no particular pattern as to who does and does not get a freebie, other than the fact that almost anyone who bought a Pixel 3 or Pixel 3XL appears to have been given a $2 credit as a matter of course. Again, to get your credit, just open the Play Store and you should see your gift right there.
Google says that the credit goes into your Google Play balance and can be used against any app or game. Those receiving credit who do not own Pixels will see their credit expire in two years, and interestingly, you cannot use the credit against any form of in-app purchase.
The Pixel-specific offer’s credits will expire this month, so don’t delay. Oh, and it’s highly likely that this is a US-only offer, so don’t be surprised if it’s not running in your locales.
(Via: Android Police)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Might Be Possible Once Remounting Issue Is Fixed, Claims Developer
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]