Netflix has updated its Apple TV app to take advantage of the new media player that was added as part of tvOS 15 late last year.
The update doesn’t change a lot about the functionality of the player, but it does now at least match other apps that make use of it.
With this change made the new media player displays the name of the show or movie in large text in the bottom-left corner of the screen. The name of the episode appears above it in smaller text, while controls have moved to the far-right side of the progress bar. An info button now lives on the far-left side.
Access to things like subtitles and audio languages have also now been move to those buttons to the right – no more scrolling down from the top of the screen.
The new look doesn’t look radically different because the official Apple TV player was already being used. All we see here are the changes that Apple made with tvOS 15.
Wow! Netflix has started to use the default Apple TV system video player 😮🤩 pic.twitter.com/QNd4CTwTKm
— Noah Evans 🇺🇦 (@ThisIsNoahEvans) April 13, 2022
It isn’t clear why it took so long for Apple’s tvOS 15 changes to filter into the Netflix app, but they’re better late than never.
If you have automatic updates enabled there is a good chance that you already have this new interface – the update was released just a few days ago.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.