Just a few weeks ago the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro was the darling of the Internet. But things are already starting to turn a little sour after users began complaining that they were experiencing unusually poor battery life when using the keyboard.
The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro doesn’t have a battery of its own. Instead, it uses the battery that’s inside the iPad Pro which obviously means that more power will be used. But this thing is just a keyboard – how much power can it actually use?
Turns out, enough for people to notice. In fact, people are saying that the keyboard is using considerably more power than the old Smart Keyboard Folio. So what’s the difference?
Realistically, the only notable difference is the addition of a backlight keyboard in the new product. It’s also notable that some users have noticed that the keyboard was lit up when they opened their iPad Pro up. The keys should remain unlit when not in use, so it’s likely that an additional battery drain is happening even when nothing is being used.
As for Apple, it seems to be willing to swap keyboards out if you complain enough.
If this helps anyone with battery drain issues, after my own problems, I tested and found a dramatic difference comparing to a second Magic Keyboard. There may be early hardware issues popping up that explain the contrasting experiences people have. https://t.co/DbxMHlgSIu
— iPad Insight (@iPadInsightBlog) May 14, 2020
Some users have reported that they have experienced much improved battery life after getting their unit swapped – so that might be a route to go down if you’re also having problems with your own keyboard.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 4
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak