If you’ve been following along with the development of Kodi v18 Leia, you’ll know that the team behind the app has been getting through the alpha and beta releases at a fair old pace. In fact, we’re now all the way up to the beta 5 release, available now, and a release that the team says will be the final one that is in beta form.
That means that the next release to come out will be the initial release candidate as we hurtle towards a final, public release of what will be the next big version of Kodi.
There are often so many changes that go into each new beta release of Kodi v18 Leia that it’s impossible for the team behind it to produce detailed change logs.
While they do try, the main points to hit include:
- Fix repository connection issues on Windows which affected certain CPU types
- Some improvements to Android video playback
- Some improvements to OSX resolution switching
- Support for Radio Data RDS (RDS) if the PVR backend supports this
- Try to find the best matching resolution automatically for refresh rate switching if the user has not made a selection in resosution whitelist setting
- Update Chorus2 webinterface which contains security and general fixes
- General code improvements and cleanup
The main focus now is on fixing bugs and ensuring that the user experience is top-notch before the update is made available to the public as a final release, but according to those who have been using beta 4, things have been surprisingly table during the whole process which does give us a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling. We’re not sure that would be enough for us to trust our media library to this thing just yet, but it’s good to know we are on solid ground already.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for the first release candidate of Kodi v18 Leia, and if you want to get in on the fifth and final beta, you can download the APK for Android, iOS app, and even Windows or Mac version, from over at Kodi.tv.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 12.1 Jailbreak, Should You Upgrade?
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]