The Apple TV is great for many things, even if it still seems unable to live up to the promise that we all thought it would have when the App Store arrived on the platform. There is one area where the Apple TV absolutely excels though, and that’s with its screensavers.
If you own an Apple TV and leave it idle, you’ll be treated to some create showing some amazing footage, and with the arrival of tvOS 12, that footage also includes some shot from the International Space Station. The good news? You can now get all of that on your Mac, too.
Aerial is an app that has been around for a few years now following its release by John Coates, and it’s free and open source to boot. Thanks to that fact, the app was recently updated to version 1.4.4 by Guillaume Louel, and with it comes all of the screensavers that arrived as part of the Apple TV tvOS 12 update.
And yes, that means the International Space Station-shot footage is now available as a screensaver on the Mac. There are also improvements that include sunset/sunrise dusk/dawn modes based on your location as well as brightness controls and adjustments to margins.
New sunset/sunrise dusk/dawn calculation modes from coordinates, Aerial can gather your location using your Mac’s location service (you’ll be asked for permission). Includes multiple calculations modes for dusk to better suite everyone’s needs
Control brightness, Aerial can progressively dim the brightness of your screen when it plays. Includes extra options to only enable at night or on battery
Add an option to define the margins from the border where descriptions should appear, changed the default for something more sensible
The update is available as a free download right now over at Github, and we heartily suggest you do exactly that.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 12.1 Jailbreak, Should You Upgrade?
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]