Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 using the hugely popular checkra1n jailbreak utility the correct and easy way. Everything that you need to know is below.
Of course, if you are going to jailbreak your device safe in the knowledge that everything will go to plan, then there is some information that you’ll need to know.
At the time of writing, supported devices include:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
The following devices are not currently supported, so keep that in mind when deciding on whether or not you want to jailbreak:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
If you are ready to get your jailbreak on, then let’s dive into the nitty-gritty:
Step 1: Jump on over to checkra.in and download the latest version of the checkra1n app for your Mac machine.
Step 2: Find the downloaded DMG file and install it on your /Applications folder on the Mac.
Step 3: If Apple’s built-in security settings won’t allow your Mac to open the app you will need to follow the steps below. If everything opens without any issues you can then skip and move on to step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Step 4: Launch the checkra1n app that you have previously installed. Head into the checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Now, select Back. This will allow you to jailbreak iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 if the version of checkra1n you are still using currently available does not officially support it yet.
Step 5: Connect your device to the Mac using the provided Lightning cable and then click the Start button and select OK. Keep an eye on the Checkra1n app and make sure that it runs without any issue.
Step 6: Choose “Next” and then follow the instructions that the checkra1n app provides to you to get your device into DFU mode. And that is all that she wrote.
You now need to sit back and wait for the process to finish and you will be left with a jailbroken device running iOS/iPadOS 14.6.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Preview Build 22000.51 ISO Released For Insiders
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 2 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 2 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- iOS 15 Beta 3 / Public Beta Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.