Apple’s iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models are both expected to debut later this year, with September the likely release window.
The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are particularly interesting because they are expected o get a new titanium construction that also does away with the clicky volume buttons and mute switch. Now, a new report has added more context to that.
According to a source speaking via the MacRumors forums, Apple’s iPhones will gain a new setting that can be used to change how sensitive the new capacitive buttons are. That’s designed to ensure that the button can still be used through a case or while wearing gloves, we’re told.
Case makers tend to get information from Apple ahead of time so that they can make sure that their products fit properly. It’s possible that this information is coming from one of those case makers, but either way the use of a sensitivity option will allow people to fine-tune the experience depending on the situation.
As part of the move away from clicky buttons it’s thought that Apple is also going to turn the mute switch into something similar to the Action button, like the one already offered on the Apple Watch Ultra.
Only the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will get the new design. The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus will still have buttons while also gaining the Dynamic Island, according to previous reports.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.