If you want to jailbreak iOS 16.4, here’s the latest update you need to know about.
Apple has now made the iOS 16.4 update available for download which means that you’re probably tempted to do just that. But the question is whether you should or not.
Normally we’d just say that yes, updating is a good idea. But if you’re jailbreaking, that answer changes.
At this point you’d normally be good to go if you’re using an iPhone X or iPhone 8 device because they can be jailbroken at the bootrom level. That means that Apple can’t fix the security hole that the jailbreaks use. The only problem is that the current Palera1n jailbreak tool doesn’t support iOS 16.4 at the time of writing. That will no doubt change with a future update, but for now, it’s a no-go.
It’s even worse news if you’re using something more modern, like an iPhone 14. That can’t be jailbroken with or without the iOS 16.4 update installed. Again, that could change in the future but it is very much the case right now.
There are always people working on new jailbreaks, but they don’t always turn them into tools that we can use. Sometimes those jailbreaks are sold to the highest bidder for all kinds of nefarious deeds. If you just want to be able to install apps that wouldn’t get through the App Store, you’ll just have to hope someone releases a jailbreak instead.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.