Anyone picking up a brand new iPhone 14 Pro will need to get themselves a new case to go along with it after it was confirmed that the new device is thicker than the outgoing iPhone 14 Pro.
The change in thickness isn’t a huge one, but it’s one that will mean that those looking to upgrade will notice a slightly chunkier body.
MacRumors notes that the “iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have a thickness of 7.85mm, whereas the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max measure in at 7.65mm.” The new models also have significantly larger camera areas as well, with those cameras being the reason for the increase in size and, notably, weight.
The new iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max weigh 7.27 ounces and 8.47 ounces respectively, and while that is only slightly heavier than iPhone 13 Pro models, it’s still a difference that we can put down to the increased camera capabilities.
Apple’s new iPhones will all go up for pre-order on September 9, with deliveries taking place on September 16.
Prices start at $999 for the new iPhone 14 Pro, with that getting buyers 128GB of storage. Options are available all the way to 1TB, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max starts at $1,099. Apple also announced the new Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE — all of which are already available for pre-order.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6.1 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6.1 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Final Release Date Announced, Here’s When You Can Get It
- Download: iOS 16 RC IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone Released
- iOS 16 RC Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta RC IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.